Although we here at Plush Puffs Gourmet Marshmallows have developed natural instincts for figuring out how to have fun with our “Big One”, we fully understand this does not come quite as easily to the general public. So, here are a few ideas and a couple helpful hints.
How to cut a giant marshmallow cake: Similar to cutting an ice cream cake, one of the easiest ways to cut them is to run a sharp knife under hot water, then dry off. Using a hot knife should cut it quite smoothly. A straight edge knife works best.
How to store a giant marshmallow cake: Like all of our gourmet marshmallows, the “Big One” has a shelf life of 4 months. However, if you unwrap it and leave it out in the open, like our industrial counterparts they will dry out. Best storage is to keep them in airtight container and keep them away from extreme heat.
How to serve a giant marshmallow cake:
1. Decorate it!! The Big One takes to frosting like olives to martinis! Weather its canned frosting or homemade ganache, as long as you don’t sit if on the stove or out in the hot sun, sticking is no problem. Be creative.. we’ve covered them in M&Ms. Non-Perils, Valentine’s Candy Hearts, etc. Make designs with sparkly sugar, or play with fondant and get creative.
2. Create a fun fondue party. Weather you cut it neatly or pull it apart like sticky bun – place a few dishes of tantalizing dipping sauces around the table – dark chocolate, caramel, pomegranate, milk chocolate ganache and have dip to your heart’s content.
3. Self serve S’mores. Slice and serve pieces of marshmallow to toast up and make some amazing smores. Set out all the makings for smores, and have guests toast their pieces of Plush Puffs (over the flame of your choice..) and create their own custom smores.
4. Plated S’mores – cut a slice of the Big One. Toast it to a golden brown, top with crumbled pieces of grahams crackers and drizzle with melted chocolate.
5. Plated with fruit – cut a slice of the Big One. Toast it to a golden brown and top with a complimentary fruit or fruit mix.
*Caramel is amazing with caramelized sliced bananas and toasted pecans
*Chocolate Chipetta is wonderful with a mix of Raspberries, Black Berries and Strawberries
*Vanilla Bean is good with most any fruit – try a mix of strawberries and blueberries around the 4th of July
* Chocolate Chipetta is great with Vanilla, Coconut, Chocolate Chip, Salted Caramel, Strawberry, Cherry Garcia, Chocolate Mint Chip, etc.
* Caramel is great with Vanilla, Banana, Praline, Chocolate Almond, Dark Chocolate, etc.
* Vanilla is great with most any flavor of ice cream, but is a awesome with the tart flavors like Key Lime, Raspberry, Mango, etc.
We hope these ideas have inspired you! If you have come up with great ideas for how to serve, eat, toast, share our “Big One” huge marshmallows, we’d love to hear them and share them.